Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Eternal Art Project

 I'm done. Finally. For those of you that have attended a craft night here in Lexington over the last 9 months (yes... 9 months), I have finally finished Camden's wall art. Take a look.
I have been working on this forever it seems. I got the idea off Pintrest (shocker!) about 9 months ago, but couldn't afford to buy 26 art canvases. Then I found another idea on Pintrest (I have a love affair with Pintrest) to use shoe box lids instead of art canvases (much cheaper, same look), so I asked friends and aquaintances at church if they could spare shoe box lids.  I covered the lids with material, cut letters out of felt, and glued the letters on the material. Then Mat hung them on the wall.  Notice anything? Take another look.

Aren't we sneaky...

2 comments:

The Kynastons said...

LOVE IT!!!!! Such a good idea to use shoe box lids!

brandon & michelle said...

Absolutely AMAZING! I LOVE it! Don't be surprised if in 2 years you see one in Teagan's room :) It took me a minute, but I found it - very clever! Seriously, awesome.