Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Operation: Zucchini Boat

When I was little, we grew zucchinis. And when I say we grew zucchinis, I mean they were HUGE and MANY. So what did we do with them? We made boats out of them. I mean, didn't you? Well, Mat and I thought Camden should have his first Zucchini Boat experience. I made the boat, and Camden and Mat made a little flag for it. 
Here's the boat:  
We went to the park to float it.  
 But Camden was more interested by the ducks and geese. He was unsure at first...as the geese were about his size...
 But then he realized he was bigger than the ducks, and was determined to pet one.
 When we finally started floating the zucchini, Cam had a blast.






 (And the wind-up...)

 (Look at the glee on that face...priceless!)
 (And the shock on this one!)
 We took the opportunity to play on the playground.
 Cam and Dad had a race down the slide...guess who won?
 He sure loves his daddy...
and his zucchini boat! 

2 comments:

Marie said...

Very fun! I'm sure you get this all the time, but he looks so big! Maybe next time you should convince Mat to take a picture so you can be in it :)

Brenda said...

OK, your zucchini boats are so miniscule compared to the big ones we accidentally overgrew and then had to make boats out of them. But what fun you had. I wish I could have been there. I miss you both so much!!!! And you too Mat!!!