Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"Home Dates"

Mat and I have been trying harder to date--but Mat's schedule has been twice as busy these last two months so it was getting difficult.  So we came up with an idea. HOME DATES. Mat usually has about 30  minutes to 2 hours to give me once a week, so we trade off planning something we can do at home that is completely out of the ordinary. It has been so much fun! Here are a few of the things we've done: 

1) we made crepes, and talked about Europe. Mat has promised to take me there someday so we fantasized about where we would go. Then we decided to see how well we knew Europe--can you name and label all of the countries in Europe? Try it!  Go to sporcle.com and do their European countries Map quiz. :) We had so much fun! (I wish I had a picture--I forgot to take a pic of our crepes...they were Yummy!)

2) We played miniature golf in our living room. Here's a pic of a couple of the holes we did: 
3) This last week was my favorite. We MADE waffle cones with our panini maker, ate ice cream in them, then sat and reminisced about our feelings (this was Mat's idea--I have the best husband ever) when specific things happened in our relationship.  We actually got to laughing pretty hard about the funny things we thought when something happened. It was fun. 

Home dates have been a blast. We don't have to get a babysitter, and we can do it around Mat's schedule, which is so nice for us. It's been a great way to stay connected through these busy months. 

1 comment:

Marie said...

You may have to send me your recipe for waffle cones, those look yummy! Home dates are pretty much the only way to survive grad school. We may copy the Europe one :)