Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"This one time, on my mission..."

So, has it ever made you laugh how often RM's use the phrase "So, this one time, on my mission...?" Yeah, i thought it was really funny too...that is until i served a mission! Then i found myself eating my words...so, to completely ruin myself, i thought I'd have a little fun and write a few funny stories from my mission. So.....

this one time, on my mission...

~ I ate Iguana
~ I accidentally slide tackled an elder playing soccer in the rain
~ I got clotheslined by my Trainer playing football
~ We did a mission-wide fast to turn a hurricane...and it worked!
~ I transposed an entire piano piece...by ear, from a CD!
~ I had to play the piano every week for a year in sacrament meeting
~ We tracted in the rain for 4 hours...really fun!!
~ The last day of the mission, i found the best investigator in the world -- she approached us and is now a faithful member!
~ Ran the car through a puddle...more like a lake...and blew out the radiator
~ Was called, "gordita", "llenita", and "gorda"... meaning "the fat one"...good titles to have! :)
~ Used Cholesterol in my hair, a foot scrubber on my face, and hydrogen peroxide to "beautify"
~ Convinced my companion to use Ex-lax because she was sick
~ Watched the sun rise in the rain
~ Was almost given a priesthood blessing by a woman (apostasy! she really tried!)
~ Was asked if my companion was my daughter
~ Developed Hypoglycemia (don't ask...it's a long story)
~ Ate four dinners in one night. After the 3rd, we had to come home and throw up just so the 4th would fit...
~ Got *punked* by all the elders in our Zone -- they told us that we were getting whitewashed instead of actually telling us what was happening at transfers...i wanted to kill them!

Hope you enjoyed that as much as i did! Aren't mission experiences fun?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We love your stories! Will you share some with us?
www.thisonetimeonmymission.com
We are trying to collect great mission stories to put in a book. Check us out on facebook too!