Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ragged Edge Quilt


I took on a new project without a pattern and it turned out great. Check out the ragged edge baby quilt I made for a friend:

Here's all I did:

1) Cut squares out of two or more different flannels (looser weaves work better)

2) Arrange them on floor for pattern

3) Pin Columns together in one long strip, with print outward, then sew together with 1/2 inch seams.
4) Iron seams open

5) Pin two columns together with seams outward and sew with 1/2 inch seam. Continue until all are sewn together.
6) Pin and sew back of quilt to front, with seams outward.

7) With small pair of scissors, clip outward seams (they should all be facing upward to the top of the quilt) clip edges about every 1/2 inch.
8) Wash and Dry a couple times, and viola!
Cool, huh?


4 comments:

Brenda said...

AWESOME!!!! I think even I could do that. You are so creative. I raised you well!

Marie said...

Very cute!

The Kynastons said...

I love it Manda!! Awesome job, you talented woman!

Shauntelle said...

Way to go! It's so cute!