Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Curtains, Canvases and Chandeliers


Mat and I have been on this DIY rampage to try and spruce up our townhome (ok, more I am, but Mat likes to participate... so he says...) and here are a few new additions to our home:

My mother made Camden some blackout curtains for Christmas. They are fabulous! Before them, we had cheap curtains and about 4 blankets hanging over his gigantic window (I wish I had a picture of it--it was comical...) but these curtains are fantastic and so beautiful! Take a look:
We had to add our own DIY to make it just slightly darker in the morning. He gets a brilliant sun in the mornings in his room, so we bought a 7$ tension rod and hung a blanket inside and... viola!
Mat and I love artwork in our home but can't afford it right now, so we made our own. we made one with Camden's feet on it, and another set with some painters tape. I think the geometric ones cost a total of like 7$ to make. Have a go at it! It was really fun!
And last, but not least, my Christmas gift from Mat. I love my husband. SOOOO much. Isn't this beautiful?
Stay tuned for pictures of the projects we are currently working on.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Looks great! I'm about to start a rampage of my own at our place. First up: guest bath!

Brenda said...

Your curtains are too long! I made them an inch shorter than the measurement you gave me for rod to floor. Did your rod drop a couple of inches since you took the measurement???? Sorry!

Shauntelle said...

I love DIY projects. Your artwork looks great! How fun.