Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Little One-Year Old

Camden is turning one next week, and I'm sitting here trying to figure out where the last year went.  I feel like it was yesterday that we discovered we were pregnant, then I blinked, and he was born, then I blinked, and I was planning his first birthday.  But enough of my reminiscing. Camden has really started to have a little personality, and it is so fun!  Allow me to tell you a little bit about him:

Camden loves to smile. I take him to the YMCA with me almost daily and he now waves at the lady at the front desk, and other people often run over to say hello to him.  They have no idea his name, but he is a literal celebrity because of his 4-toothed grin. I promise that we don't ask him to smile for pictures.  He just does.  That's just who he is. He's quite the little social butterfly. (He gets it from his father. ;) ) He will randomly wave and almost anyone, and can even do it on command now, always with such a satisfied little grin. 

He also loves to laugh, at the silliest little things. Check out this video of him with his cousin.  

Since he has learned to stand, he absolutely LOVES pushing anything and everything from point A to point B: 

the doctor's chair, 
the stroller,  
the shopping cart, you name it.  He has whole-heartedly enjoyed being able to move on his own. 

Since Camden has been sick so much, he is quite the cuddle-bug.  He will curl up in Mat's or my arms several times a day, wiggle himself onto my crossed legs on the floor, or hug my legs if he is scared.  It's quite cute, and I'm living it up, as I'm sure once he realizes that it's not cool to hug Mom, that will end quickly. 
Cam loves his daddy, and his daddy loves him.  He likes to work on projects with daddy,
and sometimes I will find them from time to time sitting together in the same position, or doing something that only dads can do with their sons. 
Camden loves food, 
loves to color, 
loves to explore,
 and loves to try and fit himself in small places.  
He gives great, big sloppy kisses, blows kisses, gives high-fives, knows how to sign "all done", "please", and "more", and is learning a myriad of other things daily, including throwing tantrums.  

He loves to swing, to jump with "dada", and he just recently discovered his little chair that we have for him.  I will often find him pushing it to a random place, then he'll crawl up in it, and sit back, with a satisfied look on his face. 
Camden also loves music.  When we sing to him he will stop and listen, and now often we can hear him joining us in his own jibberish.  
He loves books, and will saddle up and read with almost anyone (but grandma was a personal favorite on vacation!).  
Camden makes a lot of messes, and it's hard to know how to react to them. It's cute....after I've cleaned them up.
We are truly in love with him.  He surprises us every day and makes our lives so interesting.  We couldn't have asked for a better child.  Happy First Birthday on Thursday, Camden!

5 comments:

Brittnie said...

I can't believe he's already turning 1! He is such a cute, happy little baby! Have fun celebrating and eat lots of cake! We miss you guys!

Brenda said...

What a beautiful record of Camden and his first year. He is such a cutie. I can't wait to see him again in July!!! Love you!!!

Marie said...

Very cute! I wish we were closer and that we could see you guys in person more often, but I love reading your updates. Happy Birthday Camden!

brandon & michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
michelle said...

Oh, I wish I could squeeze his cheeks...and thighs. What a sweet, handsome little man. Happy Birthday Cam! (By the way, I accidentally posted this from Brandon's account, and as it doesn't sound much like something a manly man such as your brother would say, I deleted it. Mystery solved.)