Monday, May 21, 2012

Camden's Birthday Revisited

Mat and I had a blast celebrating Camden's birthday this last week. I thought I'd share a few of the highlights.  

  On Thursday, his actual birthday, we went out to dinner as a family to Qdoba and bought Camden his first burrito (ok, it was more of a taco, but Mat deemed it worthy of the word "burrito"--which is almost a sacred word in our home). Cam LOVED it! 
He loved my burrito a little more though. 
We bought a cupcake with vibrant blue frosting for him to demolish.  He wasn't quite sure at first, but then he got into it. 
We let him open gifts and he had a blast.  
Then he found the box--and it was all over. 
We had some friends over for cake and ice cream on Sunday to celebrate. It was more for us than for Cam, but all parties had fun. I made a cake...
out of cupcakes...
and Mat carved the roast beast... I mean, the watermelon. 
Mat was so proud of his masterpiece that we used him as a scarecrow in front of our house.  I'm not sure what he's scaring away, but whatever it is, they are scared.  I can feel it. 
We had a great time celebrating our little baby, who's not so little anymore. 

4 comments:

Marie said...

Looks like a fun time! I like the anecdote about the box.

Shauntelle said...

Fun! Happy Birthday to Camden! Your cake looks great, and that carved watermelon is awesome too!

The Kynastons said...

Congrats to Camden on reaching the burrito milestone, so exciting! :) And I am super impressed with your and Mat's turtle-making skills. The cake and watermelon are both fantastic. You guys could start a business!

angela said...

Happy Birthday Camden! Glad we could celebrate with you!