Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful

As Thanksgiving has come and gone, I find myself taking a moment to think of the things that I am thankful for (doesn't everyone do this a little?). Here are a few of the things that I have been grateful for recently.

My loving husband, who is the most amazing person I've ever met; who gets up in the night with our little son if ever he wakes; who treats me like a princess even when I don't deserve it; who works hard every day, every hour, to be the best person he can; who loves and serves everyone around him unconditionally; and who makes me laugh constantly.

My little son, who is perfect in every way, and really is the best baby ever. He is my life, and my pride and joy.

My family, who put up with my shenanigans and is so patient with me. They make me laugh and smile and I love being with them, and love them each dearly.

My In-laws, who are some of the funnest, funniest, most genuine people you'll ever meet. I absolutely love every one of them.

My religion, that is the guiding light in my life, and helps me to be a better person every day. It is my reason for being who I am.

The United States of America. I really do take for granted all that it has to offer--all the freedoms that I have because of the inspiration the founding fathers had. I'm so grateful to be free to think as I wish, and be what I want to be, to worship as I wish.

Good food. Not only do I appreciate having food to eat every day, but I am grateful to have healthy food (and some not so healthy food, like the mint cookies I made yesterday...so... darn...good...)

Funny people. I love a good laugh here and there... ok, pretty much any time.

Cribs, baby monitors, baby bjorns, keltis, exersaucers, baby swings, bouncers, bumbos, high chairs, etc, etc. it makes it so much easier to have a child... and to get a two minute break... :)

Skype.

Online shopping. (So... incredibly...easy...wait, maybe not such a good thing.)

Enchiladas... really, any Mexican food.

My sewing machine.

Books.

The babysitters at the YMCA who tend Camden for an hour while I work out.

The list goes on...

What are you thankful for this year?


1 comment:

Brenda said...

I am thankful for wonderful sons and daughter, their spouses and the fifteen beautiful grandchildren I have. But most of all I am grateful for a wonderful husband who helped me start all this craziness. You are awesome!!!!!!!