Friday, December 31, 2010

My New Hobby

Since we have been married, Mat and I try our hardest to be frugal. We are nowhere near perfect, but I have become addicted to coupon clipping. This was one of my greatest feats the other day. (Granted, in sharing this I realize that there are others who will scoff at my savings, but I was impressed with myself, so away with you and your 4-wisdom-tooth-tale.)

Included in my purchase: 1 jumbo laundry detergent, I jumbo ketchup bottle, 1 dishwasher detergent, 5 tubes of Crest, 2 Old Spice Deodorant s, 2 Secret Deodorants, 1 package of Women’s razors, 2 bottles of Dawn dishwashing soap, 1 Neutrogena Face Wash, 1 Herbal Essence Mousse, 1 Herbal Essence Hair Spray, 1 Herbal Essence Shampoo and Conditioner, 1 mascara, 1 jumbo pack of Q-tips, 1 carton of ice cream, 4 bottles of Old Spice body wash, 1 roll of paper towels, 2 boxes of Kleenex, 2 cans of pineapple, 2 cans of mandarin oranges, and 1 package of pasta.


Total price: $104.08

Price after store discounts and coupons: $42.39

Savings: $61.69

Percent Saved: 59.27%



It was a good moment. Then, just a month later, Mat came up with this one:

Included in Mat’s purchase: 10 boxes of life cereal, 1 bag of Malt-O-Meal, and 1 loaf of bread.


Total Price: $41.22

Price after discounts and coupons: $16.53

Savings: $24.69

Percent Saved: 59.89%


We’ll let you be the judge of who did better. J



3 comments:

The Kynastons said...

Teeeeeeaach meeeeeee.

Aubrey said...

be careful, they'll parachute in and cut ya off at the pass! buahahahaha

Aubrey said...

you, ME, you, ME! okay, I"ll stop now.