Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Meet the Parents

Mat came to Moscow to visit over break and it was an entertaining few days...

We went ice skating for FHE and took 7 of the nieces and nephews along. They had so much fun! And let's be honest...so did we. Even the twins (who are not yet 4) enjoyed themselves!

The kids just adored Mat. We often had more than three of them with us at all times, which was great!

Most of the break we just hung out around the house or ran errands. Mat fixed Grandpa's computer and TV (which I think lost me my inheritance to him...) and we went to play games at the church. I think the nieces and nephews enjoyed just chasing Mat around trying to tickle him....
All in all, it was a great vacation...I think I've lost my "favorite Aunt/Uncle" status with the kids though... Any ideas on how to get it back?

2 comments:

The Kynastons said...

Just give them lots of candy and presents...that's the sure-fire way to win a kid's heart, right? :) I'm glad you guys had such a fun trip and I'm even MORE glad that I got to see you last week! Love you lots!!

P.S. How's the new piano?? And your first couple days back at school?

michelle said...

As someone who never quite attained "favourite auntie" status, I can only offer you solace. Tell you what, we'll start having kids and you can have first crack at making them love you. Glad you had fun. Missed you!