Monday, July 1, 2013

A Month In Moscow, Part 3: "Life at the Cabin"

We spent a few weekends at the cabin while we were visiting and it was a blast.  I was so impressed at how fast Camden adjusted to new people and places during the time we were there.  We hardly had any problems, which is really saying something.  Here are a few of the things we did while there: 

Cam spent a lot of time with Grandma and Grandpa, both at home and at the cabin.  He absolutely adores them. He saddled up on Grandma's lap with this toy and played for like 30 minutes.  (Side note: I tried it with him the next day--lasted 1 minute with me.  Sad: my mother has always been cooler than me...)
 Camden's first ice cream cone.  Since then, he asks for one every time we get ice cream.  (I'm ashamed to admit that has been often recently...)
 Spending time with Grandpa.  Grandpa was my legs every once in a while--bless him.  He was so great to fill in while Mat was away as a male figure in Cam's life.  They really cracked me up from time to time--they'd get to laughing and playing pretty hard. 
 Someone gifted my parents a snow cone machine for the lake so we had a party with more flavors than I can think of.   14 Kids + straight sugar = pure madness. 
 Jessa became a favorite cousin while we were there.  She and Camden really hit it off right at the beginning and although there is a 3 year age difference, she was so sweet to mother him and teach him and play with him as often as she could.  
 Camden clearly learned the true meaning of relaxation at the lake. (He's supposed to be eating lunch).
 This picture may very well be sideways, but it was the weirdest thing that Camden did--I felt it deserved to be that way.  He curled up in this tiny kids chair with a blow-up frog around him and a towel over his face.  I asked him why he did it, and never could quite figure out what he was telling me.  But he did it several times. Weird. 
 All of the cousins, minus Teagan (we missed you T!) 
 All the original Richards women--we had a lot of good times together. 
 Blowing bubbles with a true bubble gun. 
 Reading books with Grandma
 We got really into playdough while in Moscow. At the cabin all of the kids got into it, even the 12 year olds. :) And of course, Cam's on Tiffy's lap. :) As always. 
We had a lot of fun at the lake just relaxing. I was so sad to see it end. Thanks, family for all the fun memories! 

P.S. While we were there Tyler flipped off his bike and broke both wrists.  Just needed to give a shout-out and picture to show the damage!  You're so tough Tyler!  Glad you're all better!

No comments: