Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Fun with Someone Who's One

Camden and I have had a lot of fun this summer so far.  Here are a few favorite moments from the last month: 

Cam and I swim about 1-3 times a week. Mat has gone with us a few times. Camden LOOVES the water.  He doesn't quite understand yet that he can't breathe under water though.  He will keep walking deeper and deeper until he goes under.  It's a little bit baffling, and yet, kind of comical. 
Mat has been around more to play with Cam since this block is a little easier.  Camden loves his daddy.  He loves doing whatever he is doing--he'll follow him around like his little shadow. 
Here's Mat being so kind as to tend Cam while I make dinner...
 Camden loves WHOLE bananas. He really is "my little monkey"
 We played in a Stake Softball Tournament and Camden spent probably 30 minutes pushing his friend Tyler around in a stroller.  Have I mentioned he LOOOVVVEES to push things around? 
Mat and I did a double date with some friends.  Here's Mat showing off his mad bowling skills...
On that same date, we played Ultimate Bocci Ball--here's me doing a cartwheel before throwing and then Mat and our friends doing a basketball free throw. 

It has been really hot here, so Camden plays out in our back yard once a day at least. He loves playing with the hose. 
For anyone who doesn't know what and over-saturated diaper looks like. :) Just for fun. 
More fun in our backyard.
Camden trying to get his own breakfast.
Reading books together. 
Camden, finding mat's wallet, went straight for the credit card. I've trained him well. 
My favorite pool picture.
Camden helped me make cookies for some friends.  He's a good taste tester. 
Camden, "helping" daddy make dinner.
More fun at the park. 
And this is our most recent activity.  I found a pin on pintrest for edible paint (Cam inevitably puts everything in his mouth). So I made some paint and let Cam have at it.  Take a look: 
After cleaning all the paint off him, he wanted a snack and sat at the table like a big boy for the first time.  He's really into sitting at the table by himself now. 
We've had so much fun so far this summer, and we have 3 weeks of vacation with family coming soon! we're so excited! . 

3 comments:

Marie said...

Those are some great pictures! The edible paint looks like it was well worth the effort. Yay for summer!

michelle said...

TOO cute! I love so many things about this post that it would be silly for me to mention them all. He is a hoot! I love that your painting endeavor was so successful. I'm 90% happy for you and only 10% jealous :) Mat's got a cute little shadow these days - can't wait to see you all soon!

Brenda said...

What a wonderful post! It is fun to catch up on all you are doing. Can't wait to see you next week.